Job ID:¬ 97350
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success.¬ If you‚€™re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further.¬ Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success.¬ All Roads Lead Here!
Quarry Supervisor (Maine):¬ We are seeking a safety minded, self-motivated individual to oversee the daily activities and work in conjunction with Area Manager for the Augusta and Sidney quarries.¬ Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: promote safe work behaviors through daily engagement; facilitate and participate in QC audits; work closely with all lines of business to ensure balancing of resources; ensure timely communication with team to meet production demands; coordinate drilling and blasting schedules and ensure safe and sufficient supply of rock to meet project demands at all times.¬ This position will also operate mobile equipment as needed and be responsible for scheduling maintenance repairs and work through any major plant down situations with the help of the Maintenance manager.¬ In addition, ensure projects are budgeted appropriately and assists with cost inputs for budget and provide input to Area Manager on all projects.¬ ¬ This position will be based out of Sidney Maine.¬ Classification: Year round weekly salary.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi task and make good decisions.
- Must have the ability work independently.
- Accurately write, type and enter information into the computer to prepare correspondences and other documents.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must possess a working knowledge and understanding of Mine, Safety, Health, Regulations
- Extended hours with possible night and/or weekend work as well as overnights.
- The willingness to travel to other Pike locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont when needed.
- A valid driver‚€™s license.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America‚€™s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you‚€™re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Pike Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this¬ link.¬
Pike Industries, Inc. is part of the¬ Oldcastlecareers‚„Ę¬ network.